Sunday, March 25, 2012

The baby things

Hmm, are we ready for baby's arrival?..

Change Table


Diapers on the line on a breezy, 24 degree day in March!

Moon rattle wristlet

Bassinet, found secondhand, with toy bunny

Whale bathtub and hooded towel

...I think so! With under two weeks till due date I am still feeling a strong compulsion to clean the apartment, do laundry and have everything tidy and easily accessible when we get home from the hospital. It also feels like it's time to get the garden started; I plan to do lots of potted herbs and some greens outside the apartment. Haven't gotten to the plant nursery yet though! 

Mom and I went for a final shopping trip to pack my bag with everything we'll need at the hospital and I am super pleased that it's all ready to go. I needed a final push to just do it (Thanks Mom!), even though it left me feeling fatigued for a few days after!

The diapers have all been pre-washed in hot water about 4 times. That's the prefold inserts and the pocket diaper liners. The actual pocket diapers I only washed twice, as fleece is already pretty absorbent.

I have been watching Youtube videos of how to tie-dye lately; my newest obsession. Today I went for it and dyed the strips of cotton Jersey fabric I'm using to make a "Moby" style baby wrap. I also dyed one of my plain white 0-3months short-sleeve onesies. Pictures to follow! 

I have been feeling generally great. Baby is head down, and still kicking with great frequence. Sleeping is the most difficult task right now, as I'm sure all pregnant women their last month would concur. I put off going to pee as long as I can!  Walking after getting out of bed is also a great challenge, and leg cramps persist at nighttime. 

I have been pretty hungry lately, maybe moreso than earlier in the pregnancy, with cravings for chocolate, cookies, decaf coffee, and still lots of juice and fruit. Weight gain is nearing the 30lb mark.
We've been watching lots of movies when Patrick is off (he's been working like crazy at the farm!) and I've been taking the dog out to run on the trails at the farm where he works. 

Still doesn't seem real that we'll have a baby in the next couple of weeks. Though the mini one hasn't dropped or "engaged" yet and first-time mothers often go past their due date, we are hoping for April 6th, at night, when there shall be a magical full moon. We may as well try and put in our order!

Life is very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment